Wednesday, March 19, 2008

too old for i love yous???!!!!!

i_love_you



Well, last night was a sad night for this Mommy of 3 boys. (Little bit of background first.) I work at the kids school in the front office. I get the joy of seeing them walk through the school and am able to say hello. My 8th grader usually greets me with a slight wave and I acknowledge back with the same kind of wave or just a nice smile. not too much to embarrass him of course. wink wink...and the twins..well they are still at that age where you can blow them kisses and send 'i love you' signs.
SO I THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last night I asked Joel if he saw me give him the I love you sign in sign language as we walked by my office. He said yessssssssss i did....(rolling his eyes the whole time) I asked why he wasnt happy about it. He said that I embarrassed him in front of his friends. the NERVE!! how dare i?? he didnt say those words, but that is what i was thinking. I asked why it embarrassed him and he said because we dont do that anymore, mom! we are 7 now!

haha...he is so funny. he said it so matter of factly too. so, i guess i am left to waving to the sweet little kindergarteners who love the attention. boo hoo. i will leave now and have the pity party i feel i deserve. :)

0 comments: